Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One day and back to COLD (and rain).

I was planning a trip to register for the Polar Bear run but the rain has stopped me.  Not just the rain but sleet and freezing road conditions so what better to do than pull the trans and clutch on the R100.  With the space heater running and about 90 minutes later I was looking at a burnt clutch disk. I measured the disc and it is at 5.8mm which is very close to a new clutch so I believe the problem is the spring plate.  It looks too worn and it's possible the last time the clutch was changed the spring plate was not check and reused causing the spring fingers to wear down too far for complete pressure.  I think this is why the clutch disc became burnt over time and finally failed.

Here are some photos of todays work.




No comments:

Post a Comment