Friday, November 28, 2014

Gobble, Gobble

Thanksgiving Day is over and the weather is brisk.  Snowed a little yesterday but that only makes me want to ride more.  I finally got the tool box key made.  The locksmith had the lock for about a week and made a key impression then cut the German made steel keys to match.  Works well and only $25 for the work.  Tomorrow I will ride to Bob's BMW to see if any pie is left over from his Pie Day that was today, plus I want to see what he has on sale for the specials he is running.  If any one is looking for some nice gauntlets there in a guy on ebay from Smithburg, MD selling them for $12.95 free shipping and they are real nice.  I bought two pair myself,  very nice and warm.

Tomorrow my BMW riding buddy and I are going to be out on the road to Bob's.  I was able to install those Russian made leg shields but I had to crop the tops of them to get a clean fit.  The original shape was touching the bottom of the fairing so I just moved the profile down a bit to clear.  If I hadn't said anything no one would notice.  They work well too and help keep that cold air from freezing my kneecaps.

Today I also bought a used Sony HDR AS15 camera to mount on the sidecar for doing some on the road video.  I got it for $100 on Craigslist and it's like new.  The mount will go onto the sidecar just in front of the windscreen and as close to the bike as possible so the taping will show part of the front of the bikes front fender and wheel.  I'm hoping that will give a nice on the road effect.  I'm going to try to mount it this evening for some taping tomorrow.

Maintenance wise the bike is in great condition.  Since I enjoy this bike so much I decided to sell the R100 for sure.  I hope to see it go to someone that will drive and enjoy the bike as much as me on my R50/2.

I'll post some photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment