Saturday, August 9, 2014

Everday transportation

Well I have been riding the rig for my everyday needs.  Caught in the rain only once but wasn't too bad so I drove on. 

This morning I took a ride to visit friend near Potomac and already put on 124 miles.  Since the 5th I've logged about 600 miles and not one problem with the bike BUT I continue to burn the heel of my left foot on the exhaust pipe.  That is the only problem I have been having and it's not with the bike but placement of my foot on the floorboard.  No use of oil in the engine and the bike is running smooth.  Neutral can be hard to find sometimes at a long sign light but it only takes a couple of flips to get it in the green.

I have to admit groceries are easy to load and unload in the sidecar and I still get a lot of thumbs up as I'm riding around.  Gas mileage is about 30+ mpg but most of the driving is stop and go.

I really need to give the bike a good washing.  I never did a detailing on it since I got it and now that I'm driving it a lot it would be nice to get it looking like new (or at least clean) again. 

At lights people will drive along side and ask the usual questions all the way up to the stupid ones....like, Is that a Harley?...or  Do you want to race?.......or still "Can you drive it from the little car?.  Good God, give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment